Toon onbeantwoorde berichten | Toon actieve onderwerpen Het is nu 28 maart 2024, 13:08

Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 3 berichten ] 
 Socket bayonet M-1847 made in Belgium 
Auteur Bericht
Sergeant
Sergeant

Bericht Socket bayonet M-1847 made in Belgium
- I recently got a socket bayonet [with no scabbard] which looks like the French M-1847 but it has no typical French markings. According with some French bayonet collectors, the socket bayonet was manufactured in Belgium and I do believe them. ---> The bayonet has these markings: a] The letters "OM" marked on the blade ricasso [by the shank]; b] The shank is marked with a royal crown with the letters "CD" below it and another small mark I just cannot identify; c] The letter "A" or "V" is stamped on the locking ring by the tension screw head. ---> This socket bayonet is fixed to a lug located under the barrel end and when it is mounted, the triangular blade is on the right side of the weapon as normal. The shank is short and thick, oval in section. The locking ring is reinforced [typical French style] with a separate bridge. The rear shounders of the triangular blade are of tapered design [typical for the French blades starting with 1840s]. ---> Dimensions: 1] Overall length = 528mm; 2] Blade length = 461mm; 3] Socket length = 67mm; 4] Socket front inside diameter [by the shank] = 21.7mm; 5] Blade face flute [fuller] length = 423mm. ---> Four of my picturs will be posted below. See the full image of this socket bayonet and a close view of the markings stamped on the shank with the royal crown over the letters "CD". The other 2 pictures show the socket bayonet M-1847 [top & right] having the short and thick shank with the rear shoulders of tapered style compared with the socket bayonet M-1822 [below & left] which has a thin and longer shank and the rear shoulders of the blade have corners. The socket bayonet M-1822 was presented before by me at another topic, it was manufactured in Belgium [a copy of the French M-1822] and the number "24" is stamped on the blade ricasso by the shank. ---> Anyone who is familiar with the markings from my bayonet ["OM" and royal crown over "CD"]???? Thanks in advance for any help, Orita 01/04/09

05 jan 2009, 05:39
Profiel
Site Admin

Bericht 
Afbeelding

Afbeelding

05 jan 2009, 08:31
Profiel WWW
Adjudant
Adjudant

Bericht Re: Socket bayonet M-1847 made in Belgium
Hi, this is a site about the Belgian army before 1914, here you can find information about the guns and bayonets that were used between 1830 and 1914,
Happy hunting,
Grtz, Lucien

http://www.abl1914.be/inhoud.htm

20 mei 2016, 21:21
Profiel
Antwoord op onderwerp   [ 3 berichten ]