Toon onbeantwoorde berichten | Toon actieve onderwerpen Het is nu 29 maart 2024, 10:24

Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 96 berichten ]  Ga naar pagina 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Volgende
 Waan- of onzinnige Ebay-items 
Auteur Bericht
Site Admin

Bericht Waan- of onzinnige Ebay-items
Bij het zoeken naar bajonetten e.d. op ebay stootte ik in het verleden al wel eens op behoorlijk "speciale" aanbiedingen. Een veel voorkomende is de verklaring die sommige mensen geven aan de gravure op de rug van een Chassepot-lemmet.
Wie er nog goeie heeft kan ze hier altijd kwijt!

27 maart 2007, 16:00
Profiel WWW
Site Admin

Bericht RARE VINTAGE CIVIL WAR ERA HOLSTER FOR 1911 COLT AUTO
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... escription

en om te voorkomen dat we het binnen een paar weken niet meer kunnen zien, is hier de uitleg + de Q&A. Ongelofelijk grappig :-)

RARE VINTAGE CIVIL WAR ERA HOLSTER FOR 1911 COLT AUTO Once OWNED AND WORN BY BILLY THE KID. Two years ago at this time I was privileged to offer at auction a magnificent antique holster previously carried by Union Army Major General Ardell "Butch" Bucheimer. This year I am pleased to be able to offer an equally magnificent specimen of museum quality. The story of my acquisition of this rare historical artifact begins in 1999. I was touring Europe with friends during September of that year, and happened to stay for the night at a remote French village by the name of Bonne, on the way to Geneva, Switzerland. At the Hotel bar, I struck up a conversation with an odd looking buck-toothed local, and though I had some difficulty understanding everything that was said, an answer to my query regarding the origin of the name of the place astounded me. I was told that the village was named after "Zee American outleau, Billy zee Kid" and that the village was actually founded by Billy's wife in the early 1880's.

The remainder of the story I heard that night was even more incredible, but over time and extensive historical research, I have come to believe it is true. It seems that contrary to popular belief, Billy Bonney was not a single man at the time of his death by the gun of Pat Garrett on July 14, 1881. He had, in fact, married a woman by the name of Maria Magdalena, in Santa Fe, NM, in March of 1881. The marriage ceremony was said to have been secretly performed by New Mexico territorial Governor Lew Wallace. I was told that Billy's (now pregnant) wife fled to France in the months following Billy's death at Fort Sumner, and eventually found her way to this area of France to gave birth to a son. It seems that to this day many of the residents of the village are direct descendents of William H. Bonney, although over time the name was Francofiled to drop the "y".

I struck up several friendships that night and continued to correspond with residents of the town over the years, eventually obtaining from one of them this fine holster reputed to be one of the last remaining possessions of Billy belonging to the actual descendents of William H. Bonney. I despair to tell you what I had to give for this remarkable find, but suffice to say, I paid dearly. Although this holster is not Mexican carved or tooled in any way, it is beautifully embossed with the unmistakable "US" in oval (meaning "Union States"), as opposed to "CS" (meaning "Confederate States") It is also marked on the back with the historical name of Catney Enterprises. Louden Jacinto “Cat” Catney, whom I am given to understand was a noted saddle maker in Lincoln, New Mexico territory from 1852-1879, was rumored to have been awarded a contract by the US Government to produce holsters prior to and during the Civil War. Apparently this was an over-run or possibly a prototype that was given to Billy by Catney, to carry the prized, pearl handled 1911 Colt Auto Pistol that Billy wielded so effectively during the Lincoln County Wars. Catney soon after tragically lost his life in a mule shoeing accident.

Had he lived, would “Cat” Catney have achieved the fame and high reputation of noted leatherworkers like H.H. Heiser, Frazier, Gallup, F.A. Meanea, S.D. Myres or George Lawrence? We will never know. Does the fact that New Mexico finally became a state in 1912 lend further credence to the provenance of this wonderful example of 19th century leather-craft? You decide. This important historical holster is in remarkable condition for its age and would be a worthy addition to any collection. Up here on the Turquoise Trail, we believe in truth, justice and the American way.

-------------------------

Q&A (questions and answers)

Q: i have billy the kid's barret 50 cal. he used. would you be willing to consider any trades? thanks
A: Quite possibly, if you are ultimately the winning bidder.

Q: Have you done a leather sample yet, to determine the age and sex of the animal it was made from?
A: I checked into that, but unfortunately, a comprehensive lab test cannot be performed without severely damaging the holster. However, based upon the suppleness, underlying lighter color and texture of the leather, I would guess it was made from the hide of a 3-4 year old non-angus cow (not bull) of medium stature in good physical condition.

Q: if billy the kid was killed july 14 1881 and the colt auto did not come out untill 1911. how you that this holster belong to billy the kid because the colt 1911 did not out untill he was dead and gone. the 1911 stand for the year the colt auto came out in some one have lied to you about this holster
A: I guess I may have to re-think this whole scenario.

27 maart 2007, 16:06
Profiel WWW
Veldmaarschalk
Veldmaarschalk

Bericht 
Haha... idd. wel heel erg vaag :D

27 maart 2007, 18:11
Profiel
Site Admin

Bericht 
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/Ljungman-M96-SW ... dZViewItem

maybe issued to him :-D

12 mei 2007, 17:23
Profiel WWW
Luitenant-Kolonel
Luitenant-Kolonel

Bericht 
Hahaha...ik zou zeggen bel het nummer en vraag het hem :lol:

13 mei 2007, 15:27
Profiel
Veldmaarschalk
Veldmaarschalk

Bericht 
Lijkt op een oud nederlands telefoon nummer :roll: :lol:

13 mei 2007, 19:32
Profiel
Site Admin

Bericht 
een chassepot omgebouwd tot ... ja, tot wat eigenlijk? En Napoleon liep in 1868 al 47 jaar niet meer op deze planeet rond!

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?url ... %253D%253D

21 mei 2007, 14:18
Profiel WWW
Brigade-Generaal
Brigade-Generaal

Bericht 
...tot iets lelijk :shock: ?

21 mei 2007, 18:02
Profiel
Site Admin

Bericht 
lelijk is het zeker :-)

21 mei 2007, 19:47
Profiel WWW
Veldmaarschalk
Veldmaarschalk

Bericht 
Hoort deze niet in de categorie pimp my bajonet :lol:

21 mei 2007, 19:53
Profiel
Site Admin

Bericht een erg optimistische eigenaar van een M1866 Chassepot
en natuurlijk stond de naam van de officier op de rug van het lemmet gegraveerd! :wink:

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/FRENCH-INFANTRY ... dZViewItem

31 mei 2007, 09:24
Profiel WWW
Site Admin

Bericht Vintage Indian Wars Bayonet (Franse M1886)
http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/Vintage-Indian- ... dZViewItem

31 mei 2007, 09:36
Profiel WWW
Luitenant-Kolonel
Luitenant-Kolonel

Bericht 
Voor de (Duitse) helmen liefhebbers:

Deze is ook erg grappig...en erg nep!
http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230137116372&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RCRX_Pr4_PcY_BID_IT&refitem=230136331986&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

03 jun 2007, 00:08
Profiel
Site Admin

Bericht 
de palmboom had me thans overtuigd dat het om een echte Afrika Korps ging!

03 jun 2007, 07:01
Profiel WWW
Brigade-Generaal
Brigade-Generaal

Bericht 
Zijn palmboompje lijkt er toch een beetje op :)

Altijd verontrustend als je dan ziet voor hoeveel zo'n dingen vaak verkocht worden

Afbeelding

03 jun 2007, 09:41
Profiel
Antwoord op onderwerp   [ 96 berichten ]  Ga naar pagina 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Volgende